Why should I take this course?
- Work on a real medical challenge
- Learn the deterministic design process
- Apply mechanical & electrical engineering principals
- Prototype and test a solution
- Learn from industry professionals
- Develop your communication & presentation skills
- Possible publications, patents and more ..
Spring Term Project Continuation Option
Select projects, where students and clinicians remain engaged, are invited to continue. The goal is to evolve from a proof-of-concept to beta prototype, submit a journal paper and develop a path forward for the project.
Up to 12 units of 2.996 may be offered and for Course 2 seniors this may count as a senior thesis.
Instructor permission required